|When do you first talk to your child about God and how do you introduce Him? What do you do if your children don’t want to attend the 19 Day Feast? What should you do about celebrating Christmas? How can you deal with lying? Should you let your children watch TV? What do you do if your teenager wants to have his nose pierced? Should you go out to work or stay home to look after small children?
Focusing on the spiritual upbringing of children, 30 Bahá’í couples with over 300 years of collective parenting experience answer these and 50 questions from their own perspective, using the Bahá’í writings as a guide. The parents deliberate:
- how you can help your children develop a love for the Faith;
- how you can teach them the principles of obedience, trustworthiness, integrity, chastity and moderation;
- how to deal with school and peer-related issues;
- how to help your children understand the sanctity of the family, and
- how you can create a home environment that is conducive to the material and spiritual welfare o your family.
A variety of parenting approaches are included in this fascinating compilation so that readers can learn and develop their own style, recognizing that no parenting style fits every family, that every child is different and that there are a myriad ways to deal with various issues.
by Negin and Nima Anvar
George Ronald, Oxford
21 x 13.8 cm